Last updated: August 23, 2017
(1) Information, data, text, graphics, images, audio and/or visual recordings or works, Services and Programs, and other materials provided by HOC, its licensors, or you on the Websites (“Content”) may be protected by copyright or their use may be subject to other legal restrictions.
(2) You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or use for the creation of derivative works, any portion of the Website or Content without prior written consent. HOC may remove, change, update, and introduce improvements or changes to the Website or Content at any time and without notice.
(3) By sending Content to HOC or posting Content on the Website, you hereby grant HOC an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid-up, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit, create derivative works of, distribute, and otherwise exploit such Content, and you also agree that HOC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you send us for any purpose.
#3 Restrictions on use
By accessing or using the Websites or Content, you agree that you: (i) will not use the Websites or Content for any unlawful purpose; (ii) may not use the Websites or Content to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, advertising or promoting a product, service, or company; (iii) will not access or use the Websites or Content to collect any market research for a competing business; (iv) will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that: (a) is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes a “bait and switch” offer; (b) infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; (c) is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes violence; or (d) discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information; (v) will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another; (vi) will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (vii) will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any safety features on the Websites; (viii) will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; (ix) will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the Websites or Content, except for Internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that comply with our robots.txt file; (x) will not use any automated device or software that enables the submission of automatic postings on the Websites without human intervention or authorship, including, without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device in connection with bulk postings or for automatic submission of postings at certain times or intervals; and (xi) will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation or accessibility of the Websites or Content through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Sites or the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means.
#4 Disclaimer, Liability, Indemnification
(1) HOC, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, (COLLECTIVELY, “WE”) HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITES AND THE CONTENT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE, RESULTS, OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR THE CONTENT SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. NONE OF US SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR CONTENT. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITES OR CONTENT, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THEM.
(2) IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF US BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES – INSOFAR AS THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY APPLY TO YOU UNDER APPLICABLE MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF LAW. IN ANY EVENT, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (I) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, OR (II) THE LOWEST AMOUNT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
If you have any questions regarding the above notices, please contact us.